Join Us Today!
Do good and do well
What if, simply by choosing a credit union and using its services, you could make a meaningful difference for a school in your community?
And what if you were rewarded for your generosity with exceptional rates, free services, and 24-hour access to your money anywhere in the world?
Of course, you'd want to know more!
At School Employees Credit Union, we make it possible to do good and still do well. We strive to be a financial services organization valued most for its contributions to education. In addition to offering top values for members, we're developing giveback programs that let you channel no-strings-attached rebates to any accredited school in Washington. Your school can use the money any way it chooses – for classroom supplies, field trips, whatever helps most. We're already launching test programs in select areas of the state, and we look forward to expanding them soon!
Who Can Be a Member?
Your passion for education is all it takes
You don't need to work at a school to appreciate the transformative power of learning. School Employees Credit Union now welcomes all members of the education community – parents, students, and volunteers to name a few – willing to join us in making a difference.
You qualify for membership if even ONE of these applies to you: You live, work, worship, regularly conduct business, or attend school in Washington State. That's it – you're welcome regardless of your profession or school affiliation!
Plus, once you're a member, your relatives who are United States citizens (even those who live outside Washington State) are eligible to join, too. That means anyone related by blood, marriage, legal contract, or persons cohabitating for the purpose of forming a family unit can designate a Washington school to receive rebates through our giveback programs. It's a feel-good choice for the entire family!
How To Join
Joining School Employees Credit Union is incredibly easy. In fact, it's a two-step process!
Apply for Membership - Simply click the "Apply Today" button and apply online in a matter of minutes! You'll be directed to open a membership savings account with as little as $5. This account secures your membership with School Employees Credit Union and earns you an impressive dividend rate at the same time! Learn more about our current savings options available to you.
Membership approval is managed in an easy, paperless process.
Move Your Accounts - Now that you've become a member of School Employees Credit Union, we'll help you switch all of your accounts over in an easy process. Simply follow these four simple steps to become a fully-integrated member!
Why Choose Us
- Simply put, School Employees Credit Union caters to you. Membership is catered to the education community.
- Our gains are your gains. As a not-for-profit institution, any profits earned go back to you in the form of better rates, benefits, and state-of-the-art services.
- You understand that today's youth is tomorrow's future, and so do we. We offer several customizable youth plans to start your children on the path toward a bright financial future.
- We appreciate you. Your track record is impeccable—you pay your bills on time and live within your means, which never goes unnoticed at School Employees Credit Union. Because of that, our "bad debt" losses are among the lowest in the industry. In turn, this allows us to provide more free accounts, services, better returns on deposits, and other perks than most other financial institutions.
- One-time choice, a lifetime of returns. By applying for membership, you enjoy full access to all the value-added offerings we provide and become a shareholder with stake in everything we do. Not only do you become a member, your entire family becomes eligible for membership too!